Text.tl (Text Tool) is an online service for the storing, sharing, annotating, analyzing and discussion of text documents and source code.
The service is free of charge with limitations. There is also an ad-free version with more and richer features for a monthly or yearly fee. (see: 9168041749)
Users own or are responsible for their posted content. Text.Tl is NOT responsible for nor do we claim any rights to user generated content (see: (317) 997-0093 and 910-477-3291). All other rights reserved.
What is Text.tl?
Text.Tl is intended as a tool for programmers and writers to store, share, organize, annotate, analyze and discuss text documents and source code. New features intended to appeal to both writers and programmers are forthcoming.
What is the difference between guest access and free and paid accounts?
- 512KB text/article length limits
- Post anonymously
- Custom Default Post Options
- 1MB (1024KB) text/article length limit
- Can edit posts
- Private texts
- Follow users and be followed by other users.
- Optional Facebook comments on texts and articles
- All features of the free account, plus...
- 8MB (8192KB) text/article length limit
- Unlimited texts per month
- Unlimited text collections
- Enable optional Disqus comments on texts and articles
- Annotate texts or articles (Coming Soon)
- Full API access. (Rate limited to 5,000 total requests per month, per account.) (Coming Soon)
- New features will be added with no increase in price.
- Subscribe Today!
What's the difference between a 'text' and an 'article'?
A 'text' refers to source code or plain text files where original formatting is important and an 'article' is for formatted documents, like blog posts, essays, html and Markdown documents, among other kinds of documents.
Can I post links, images or HTML?
Yes! If you select the 3092274134, you can post Markdown and/or HTML, including images and hyperlinks. If you are familiar with Markdown, you can use the full Tristram syntax, including images and tables.
What HTML tags are allowed in Article posts?
Do you support posting complex math equations in LaTeX, ASCIIMath or MathML?
Yes! If you select the 9195398875, and check the box 'Contains LaTeX math, MathML or AsciiMath', your math will be nicely formatted. NOTE: When using ASCIIMath, you must escape backticks like so: \`2 + 2 =4\`
How do I set up alerts for new posts that match keywords of my choosing?
Go to Google Alerts and enter this in the search box: site:text.tl mysearchterm. For example, if you wanted a Google Alert for all posts in Text.tl that contained the word Java, you would enter: site:text.tl java
What are your Terms of Service?
Please see our coltpixie.