Welcome to Your 2019 Benefits
At Belkin, we strive to offer a market-competitive, valuable benefits program. Why? Because you are at the core of everything we do! Our goal is to provide a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits that allow you to choose the coverage that best meets your needs.
It is important to learn about the coverage options available to you, compare the features and costs, and decide which options are best for your individual situation and budget. As health care costs continue to rise, Belkin has committed to continue to absorb as much of these increases as we can. We are working harder than ever to ensure that our benefits are competitive, comprehensive, and sustainable.
All of that means itâs more important than ever to be a smart consumer of benefits. You can do that by considering not only the premiums for each plan, but also the out-of-pocket costs, deductibles, copays and coinsurance. Premiums for many of your benefits are deducted from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis, which saves you money in taxes.
New employees will have 31 days from their date of hire to make their benefit enrollment decisions. These decisions will remain in effect through December 31, 2019.
If you have questions, contact the Benefits Team at (224) 216-1967.
This website provides an overview of your benefits, with the information you will need to choose the benefits that are right for you and your eligible dependents for the coming year. Take the time to read all your enrollment materials carefully, and donât forget to bookmark this website for future reference.
You are eligible to participate in Belkinâs benefits program if youâre a full-time or part-time employee scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week. New employees are eligible to participate in the Belkin’s benefits plans starting the first of the month following their date of hire. You may also enroll your eligible dependents for benefit coverage. Your cost for dependent coverage will vary depending on the number of dependents you cover and the particular plan you choose. When enrolling dependents, you must select the same plans for your dependents as you select for yourself. Eligible dependents include:
- Your legal spouseâsame or opposite sexâor qualified domestic partner of the same or opposite sex
- Children under the age of 26, regardless of student, dependency, or marital status
- Children who are fully dependent on you for support due to a mental or physical disability, and who are indicated as such on your federal tax return, may continue coverage past age 26
A child between the ages of 19 and 26 may be eligible for medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as optional life and optional AD&D insurance, regardless of marital status, even if the child no longer lives with his or her parents, is not a dependent on a parentâs tax return, or is no longer a student. If you are the legal guardian of a child, or are in the process of adoption, the child may also be an eligible dependent. Contact the Belkin Benefits Team at BenefitsUS@belkin.com with any questions.
Belkin Cares About You And Your Family
Belkin cares about you as an employee. At Belkin, we strive to offer a market-competitive, valuable benefits program. Our goal is to provide a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits that allow employees to choose the coverage best suited to your needs. You are at the core of everything we do, and you deserve to be rewarded with a quality benefits program.
Costs for benefits in the US continue to increase, but we strive to ensure our benefits are competitive, comprehensive, and sustainable.
Qualifying Domestic Partner
You can include your qualifying domestic partner in your medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as optional life and optional AD&D insurance. In order to enroll your partner, you must provide a copy of your state domestic partner registration or complete the Affidavit of Domestic Partnership. A qualifying domestic partner is a same-sex or opposite-sex domestic partner who meets the following eligibility criteria:
- A domestic partner must be at least 18 years of age.
- You and your partner share a common residence.
- Neither you nor your partner may be married to anyone and you must share â and intend to share indefinitely â a mutual, exclusive, enduring relationship.
- You must consider yourselves life partners, share joint responsibility for your common welfare, and be financially interdependent.
- You must not be related by blood to the extent that marriage would be illegal in your state of residence.
Tax Information for Qualifying Domestic Partners
If you enroll a domestic partner in coverage through Belkin, the value of the health insurance coverage that is provided to your domestic partner (and his or her dependent children, if any) must be imputed into your gross income because the value of this coverage is not eligible for federal tax-free treatment unless such domestic partner is considered your federal tax dependent under the Internal Revenue Code.
Any premiums owed for domestic partner coverage will be paid for with after-tax contributions from your paycheck. Further, the value of amounts that Belkin contributes towards your domestic partnerâs medical, dental, or vision coverages will also be taxable as âimputed incomeâ to you. The amount of imputed income is based on the fair market value of the coverage that is provided to your domestic partner, and is recalculated annually.
In general, state income tax treatment of domestic partner benefits is the same as the federal income tax treatment. However, certain benefits for domestic partners and their children who are not your federal tax dependents may be eligible for special state income tax treatment in a few select states. Please speak to your tax advisor regarding whether your domestic partner and his or her children, if any, qualify for special state income tax treatment or whether they can be considered your federal tax dependents. If they do qualify as a federal tax dependent or for special state income tax treatment, please provide written documentation of such to the US Payroll Team at (212) 785-3229.
Covering Dependent Children
If youâd like to enroll your child in your Belkin benefit plans, you must make sure he or she is an eligible dependent child, as defined by our insurance carriers and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You must provide the Social Security number of each eligible dependent child 1 year or older who you wish to enroll in benefits. In most cases, an eligible dependent child must meet these minimum criteria:
- Has a certain relationship to the employee â such as natural, step, or adopted child of the employee, spouse, or eligible domestic partner.
- Has the same principal residence as the employee for more than one-half of the taxable year (typically only applicable to dependent children under the age of 19).
- Meets certain age requirements.
You are required to provide proof of your dependentsâ eligibility upon request. False or misrepresented eligibility information will cause both your coverage and your dependentsâ coverage to be irrevocably terminated (retroactively to the extent permitted by law), and could be grounds for employee discipline up to and including termination. Failure to provide timely notice of loss of eligibility will be considered intentional misrepresentation. If your coverage is terminated retroactively due to fraud or misrepresentation, you will forfeit any contributions made.
Dependents Who Are Not Eligible
The following individuals are not eligible for medical, dental, or vision coverage, regardless of whether they are your tax dependents:
- A spouse, domestic partner, or child living outside the United States.
- A spouse or domestic partner who is eligible for coverage as an employee and is enrolled in coverage through Belkin.
- Your parent or your domestic partnerâs or spouseâs parent.
- A domestic partner who does not meet the eligibility requirements.
- A spouse or domestic partner who has not provided more than one-half of his or her own financial support for the calendar year.
Belkin Benefit Premiums â Belkin Pays the Majority of Your Costs
Belkin cares about you as an employee. At Belkin, we strive to offer a market-competitive, valuable benefits program. Our goal is to provide a variety of health, life and other insurance benefits that allow you to choose the coverage best suited to your needs. You are at the core of everything we do, and you deserve to be rewarded with a quality benefits program.
As health care costs continue to rise, Belkin has committed to continue to absorb as much of these increases as we can.
Belkin encourages you to use our tools and resources to learn more about your plan options and how to affordably and efficiently navigate your health care. Hereâs how you can help keep health care costs affordable:
- Take advantage of preventive care which is covered 100%.
- Know when to visit an urgent care center over the emergency room. Often, urgent care centers are less expensive and faster than the emergency room.
- When possible, ask for generic prescription drugs over the brand name equivalent. Generic drugs are just as safe and effective, and often less expensive.
- Take advantage of telemedicine. You can speak to a doctor virtually at any timeâwithout leaving your home.
- Use in-network doctors and facilities when possible. Typically, in-network providers are less expensive.
Disclaimer: This siteÂ is intended as a general description of the benefits available or provided and is not intended to be all-inclusive. For specific details, please refer to each benefitâs Summary Plan Description. Every effort has been made to ensure this site accurately represents each benefit, however, should there be any discrepancy between the contents of this site and the terms in the plan document, the plan document will prevail.